Donna Cornachio is Clarity's publishing expert, having worked with many noted authors and Pulitzer-prize winning journalists. Donna Cornachio's own career in journalism spans nearly 30 years. After devoting to several years in broadcast to CBS News, she turned to print, reporting and writing profiles, news and feature articles and essays for The New York Times, Newsweek, and The Washington Post. She has also been on National Public Radio. The depth of this reporting experience gives Donna a keen insight into how all forms of media work, a valuable asset to hundreds of authors and publishers looking to prepare for media/book tours.
Donna has also done speech and presentation training for Teach for America, The Bob Woodruff Foundation and Girls, Inc. In addition, she has produced a number of Clarity's videos, including those for the Children's Aid Society and Legal Services for the Hudson Valley. Donna has her master's degree from Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism. In addition to her work at Clarity Media Group, she is an assistant professor of journalism at SUNY Purchase College where, along with her teaching and scholarship, each year she prepares the senior class speaker to craft and deliver remarks for commencement.
Some of the authors Donna has prepared for print and broadcast media opportunities are:
- Diane Keaton, actor and author of “Then Again” (Random House)
- Susan Cain, TED talk lecturer and author of “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking” (Crown)
- Charles Duhigg, Pulitzer-prize winning reporter and author of “The Power of Habit” (Random House)
- Allan J. Lichtman, American University Distinguished Professor of History and author of "The Case for Impeachment" (Dey Street Books)
- Isabel Wilkerson, Pulitzer-prize winning journalist and author of "The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration" (Random House)
- Seth Stephens-Davidowitz, author of "Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What The Internet Reveals About Who We Really Are" (Dey Street Books)
- Mimi Alford, author of “My Affair with President John F. Kennedy” (Random House)
- Amanda Lindhout, author of “A House in the Sky” (Scribner)
- Michael Moss, “Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us” (Random House)
- Marisha Pessl, “Night Film” (Random House)
- Padma Lakshmi, actor, model, television host and author of "Love Loss and What We Ate" (HarperCollins)